Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Samson post


I know it doesn't call for one in the plans...but I've seen a few other builds with something of the sort. I know Barrett put some on her boats. I think they look kinda "salty". Plus I'll need some place to attach and snug up the anchor rode, won't I?

So I made a samson post. I think the wood is Brazilian Cherry. Laminated from a couple of pieces, shaped and temporarily bolted to BH2. 


Samson post looking toward stern


I dunno...does it look a little beefy for a boat this size? Maybe I should pare it down to 3" square?

Samson post temporarily bolted to the back face of BH2

Dry fitting rudder cheeks and blade. Looks like it should steer her just fine.

AND THEN...we took a family vacation to the Caribbean. Bareboated a Moorings 50' in St Martin, Anguilla, and St. Barth.


Sunset cocktail anybody??

No comments:

Post a Comment